Independent Investigations Office
For Immediate Release
Surrey, B.C. – The Independent Investigations Office (IIO) of BC is investigating an incident in Peachland which has left two people dead.
Kelowna RCMP reported receiving a call at approximately 4:30 pm on Monday, June 27. The caller reported that they had been contacted by a friend who said that a person had been shot and that they themselves were planning self-harm.
Police arrived at a residence on Garraway Place, where they set up a containment perimeter. At approximately 6:20 pm, the RCMP’s Southeast District Emergency Response Team entered the home, where they found two people dead.
The IIO asks anyone with relevant information about this incident to contact the witness line toll free at 1-855-446-8477 or via the contact form at iiobc.ca.
The IIO is the independent civilian oversight agency of the police in British Columbia. It investigates all officer-related incidents that result in serious harm or death, whether or not there is any allegation of wrongdoing.
If you are in crisis, help is available:
- Call 310-6789 to be connected to the crisis centre nearest you (no area code required)
- Crisis Services Canada:crisisservicescanada.ca
- British Columbia: crisislines.bc.ca
- Vancouver and surrounding areas: crisiscentre.bc.ca
- Vancouver Island: vicrisis.ca
- VictimLinkBC: 1-800-563-0808