The Independent Investigations Office of BC is a civilian-led investigatory body
The Independent Investigations Office of BC (IIO) is mandated to conduct investigations into officer-related incidents of death or serious harm in order to determine whether or not an officer may have committed an offence. The IIO is established in the Ministry of Justice and is under the command and direction of the Chief Civilian Director. The Chief Civilian Director cannot ever have served as a police officer.Follow @iiobc
The Independent Investigations Office of BC (IIO) is mandated to conduct investigations into police-related incidents of death or serious harm in order to determine whether or not an officer may have committed an offence.
The creation of the Independent Investigations Office (IIO) profoundly changes the way police in British Columbia are investigated when they have been involved in incidents that result in death or serious harm.
- 5 days agoIIO Clarifies Allegation of November Shooting of Suspect in Kamloops Does Not Meet Mandate
- 3 weeks agoIIO Investigates Motor Vehicle Incident in Coquitlam (IIO 2018-017)
- 3 weeks agoIIO Reaches Decision in Abbotsford Police-Involved Shooting (IIO 2017-139)
- 4 weeks agoNorthern B.C. Outreach and Workshops
- 1 month agoIIO Files Two Reports to Crown Counsel for Consideration of Charges (IIO 2017-028) and (IIO 2016-039)